Dr. Nick Waswa Namunga
2010-2015 : Moi University PhD. (Curriculum Development and Instruction)
2000-2005 : University of Nairobi, Masters in Education (Curriculum studies)
1990-1995 : University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Education (Arts- Geography/History)
2012 -2013 : Kenya Education Management Institute (Diploma in Education Management)
1986-1989 : Kimugui secondary school Attained a mean grade of B- in KCSE
1978-1985 : Mabuusi Primary School Scored 58 out of 72 points in KCPE
- To bridge the gap between the knowledge acquired in class and the practical work in the field through a hands on approach.
- To launch my career as a lecturer by integrating myself in the field of Education through participation as an all- round person.
- To dedicate my time and use my skills to solve problems in the challenging work field.
- WORKING EXPERIENCE
1996-2002 : Teaching Sikalame secondary school
2002-2004 : Teaching Makunda secondary school
2004-2007 : Teaching Bulondo secondary school (Deputy Principal)
2007-To 2017 : Principal Namwacha secondary school
2011 – To date : Part-time lecturer e-smart College – Mumias
2015 – T o date : Part-time lecturer Masinde Muliro University
2017 : Kibabii University
2017- To date : Full time lecturer Rongo university
- PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION
Member of American Association of International Researchers, LinkedIn
- RESEARCH INTEREST
Has interest in research on Education Curriculum management and administration
Written the following articles in refereed journals:
- Teacher education as a driver for sustainable development in Kenya in International journal of Humanities and social sciences 2 No.5 March 2012
- Age and patterns of use in the contact of Lubukusu and Lutachoni in the International Journal of Innovative Research and Development 6 Issue 2. Feb 2017
- Effects of Supervision of Instructional Practices on Teaching and Learning in Secondary Schools in Kenya in the International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications Vol. 7 Issue 2 Feb 2017.
- International Journal of Innovative research and development: Effects of free primary education on pupils’ participation in primary schools in Kenya Vol. 6 Issue 2 Feb 2017
- Assessment of the effect of provision and management of resources on teaching and learning in secondary schools in Bungoma County, Kenya in International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies 4 Issue 2, Feb 2017
- The relationship between teacher and student motivation and the quality of teaching and learning in secondary schools in International Journal of Scientific and Research publications 7 Issue 2 Feb 2017
- Impact of the Management of school community relationship on students’ academic performance in International Journal of Scientific and Research publications 7 Issue 3 March 2017
- Impact of principals’ communication skills on students’ academic performance in Kenya in International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies 4 Issue 2 Feb 2017
- Effects of literacy in Kenyan sign language on academic performance of pupils with hearing impairment in primary schools in Kenya in International Journal of Humanities and social service vol. 7 issue 5 May 2019
- Influence of pupils interpretation of Kenyan sign language on academic performance of pupils with hearing impairment in public primary schools in Kenya. in international Journal of innovative research and development Vol. 8 issues 6 June 2019.
Attended the following conferences:
- Presented a paper at the Seventh Annual International Conference between 6th to 10th September 2011,Moi University.
- Presented a paper at Rongo University International Multidisciplinary Research Conference 6th -9th March 2018
- presented a paper at Rongo University International Multidisciplinary Research Conference 12th-16th August 2019.
JOURNAL PEER REVIEWED PAPERS
- Ms_AJESS_40830: Effects of peer-assisted learning strategies as pedagogical approaches on academic performance in basic science –Asian journal of Education and Social studies. March 21, 2018
- Ms_JOBARI_6228: Utilization and maintenance of school facilities for effective instructional delivery in colleges of Education in North Central state of Nigeria –Journal of Basic and Applied Research Internationa June 7, 2018
- Ms_JOGRESS_6288: Supervisory role of heads of schools in enhancing teacher’s professional development in public secondary schools in Moshi District Council, Tanzania – Journal of Global Research in Education and Social science. July 25, 2018
- Ms_AJESS_46637: Factors affecting the academic performance of the students of Bowen University, Nigeria – Asian journal of Education and Social studies. January 1, 2019
- Ms_JSRR_48424: Impact of information sources availability on academic performance of students in senior secondary school – Journal of Scientific Research and Reports. March 27, 2019
- Ms_AJESS_48690: School climate and its influence on public secondary schools’ performance in Mvomero District, Morogoro, Tanzania –Asian journal of Education and Social studies. April 11, 2019
- Ms_AJEBA_48980: Some suggestions for teaching undergraduate Business statistics courses– Asian journal of Economics, Business and Accounting. April 25, 2019
- Ms_JESBS_49079: Impact of socio-economic statues of family upon academic performance of students in Haro sabbu senior secondary school in Dalle Sedi Woreda, KellemWollega zone of Oromia Region– Journal of education, society, behavioral science. April 30,2019
- Ms_AJESS_49822: The effect of peer tutoring on seventh- grade students’ learning in science- Asian journal of education and social studies. June 15,2019
- Ms_AJESS_49841: Relationship between personality traits and academic underachievement among students in Ekeremor and Yenagoa Local Government areas of Bayelsa state, Nigeria- Asian journal of education and social studies. June 17,2019
- Ms_AJESS_49897: Creative game approach and academic achievement in the teaching of SS1 Geometry in Port Harcourt Local Government area – Asian journal of education and social studies. June 18,2019